First Google redesigned their Google Plus app, now it looks like they’ve moved on to their search app. Officially released today, version 2.0 of the Google Search app has a completely new design for iPhone that’s rather attractive.
I’ll probably still just use Safari though…
What’s New in Version 2.0.0
New on iPhone
- Complete redesign
- Major speed improvements
- Auto full screen: scroll down to hide controls, scroll up to reveal
- Beautiful full-screen image search
- Swipe away webpages to quickly return to search results
- Search within a webpage using the built-in text finder
- Easily switch between images, places, news, and more
- Fast access to Google apps like Gmail, Calendar, Docs and more all from one place
New on iPad and iPhone
- Save images to your camera roll
Like I said above, for me it’s much easier to do all my searching in Safari. I’m not sure how many actually use the Google Search app but I’m sure that number is likely to decrease when Google launches their upcoming Chrome for iOS app. You can get the new improved Google Search for iPhone free in the App Store.
Do you use this app?