Apple

Move Over iBooks! Microsoft Invests $300 Million Into Nook

Looks like Microsoft is looking at getting into the e-book game. Microsoft and Barns & Noble have teamed up in a $300 million investment deal in hopes to accelerate “the transition to e-reading.” The partnership will create a new subsidiary with Microsoft owning 17.6%, while Barns & Noble takes the remaining 82.4%.

It looks like iBooks could have some more friendly competition soon…

Reported by Gizmodo, this investment deal will almost undoubtedly mean a Nook app for Windows 8. This will provide Windows 8 users with an alternative to the already popular e-book stores such as iBooks and Amazon.

Alongside their press release, Microsoft anounced that e-books are “revolutionizing the way people consume, create, share and enjoy digital content,” which is 100% true. And it’s not surprising this is happening since Microsoft seems to be the only one who’s not in the e-book market.

Microsoft’s President, Andy Lees announced that the partnership will “accelerate e-reading innovation.”

The shift to digital is putting the world’s libraries and newsstands in the palm of every person’s hand, and is the beginning of a journey that will impact how people read, interact with, and enjoy new forms of content.

Our complementary assets will accelerate e-reading innovation across a broad range of Windows devices, enabling people to not just read stories, but to be part of them. We’re at the cusp of a revolution in reading.

So if you’re a Windows user, it looks like you just got an invitation to the e-book party.

Share this Story

Related Posts

3 Comments

  1. coe

    January 17, 2018 at 3:55 pm

    9763 984458Some genuinely quality blog posts on this site, saved to fav. 315558

    Reply

  2. gvk bio news

    January 20, 2018 at 9:31 am

    203220 641211Awesome inkling Grace! ego was luxurious youd bring about this about your biz bump into upstanding lineage. We reason you! 474267

    Reply

  3. church suits

    February 17, 2018 at 1:37 am

    980985 11851Hello! Ive been reading your internet internet site for a whilst now and lastly got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the very good work! 740857

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join Our Mailing List

Email Format

Free iTunes Gift Cards!

Find us on Google Plus