If you’re a registered developer, head on over to Apple’s iOS Dev Center and download the latest beta. This beta only includes a few changes to the Maps app UI, but I’m sure this update, once released to the public, will patch the latest iOS 6 jailbreak.
iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
If you’re a developer, you can find the update here in the iOS Dev Center.