Apple, News

Apple’s Data Centers Will Be Powered By 100% Renewable Energy By The End Of The Year

Apple announced earlier today that all of it’s data centers will be powered by 100% renewable energy by the end of the year. The announcement comes on the heels of a report released by environmental activist group Greenpeace last month that condemned the Cupertino-based company for their use of coal-powered energy at it’s data-supercenter plant in Maiden, North Carolina…

Apple’s data-supercenter in Maiden, North Carolina was created to power the iCloud. In their report last month Greenpeace went as far as to call iCloud “the dirtiest thing on the internet.” Greenpeace’s report was followed up just a day later by a protest on top of Apple’s European headquarters in Cork, Ireland where they placed signs on the building with the letters spelling out “clean our cloud.”

60% of the renewable energy powering Apple’s data centers will be created on site, while the other 40% will be generated through negotiations with local energy providers like Duke Energy.

In an interview earlier today Greenpeace International Senior IT analyst said:

“Apple’s announcement today is a great sign that Apple is taking seriously the hundreds of thousands of its customers who have asked for an iCloud powered by clean energy, not dirty coal. Apple’s doubling of its solar capacity and investment in local renewable energy are key steps to creating a cleaner iCloud. Greenpeace and Apple’s customers look forward to hearing more detail about how Apple plans to fulfill its commitment to renewable energy for its North Carolina and Oregon data centers. Apple is still one of Duke Energy’s largest customers, and will have to demand Duke provide the clean energy it needs to legitimately claim the iCloud is 100% powered by renewable energy.”

Take that Greenpeace!

Share this Story

Related Posts


  1. GVK BIO Recent Updates

    January 19, 2018 at 7:29 am

    428949 614829What a lovely weblog page. I will undoubtedly be back once more. Please maintain writing! 622264


  2. Pharmacokinetic studies

    January 22, 2018 at 9:16 pm

    333350 310146Really greatest individuals messages are meant to charm allow honor toward groom and bride. Newbie speakers in front of excessive locations ought to generally our own gold colored dominate in presenting and public speaking, which is to be individual interests home. greatest man speach 389108



    February 3, 2018 at 8:29 am

    400099 166066Good 1, there is in fact some wonderful facts on this post some of my subscribers may find this helpful, will send them a link, several thanks. 72966


  4. 49282 462558Quite fascinating info !Perfect just what I was seeking for! 793517


  5. search management paid

    February 10, 2018 at 2:31 pm

    36666 961628I very delighted to locate this internet site on bing, just what I was searching for : D besides saved to bookmarks . 663002


  6. green coffee

    February 23, 2018 at 11:44 pm

    916194 231160I appreciate your work , thanks for all of the informative blog posts. 540321



    February 25, 2018 at 2:50 am

    922689 50957you use a amazing weblog here! do you wish to earn some invite posts on my small weblog? 461911


  8. cmovieshd

    February 27, 2018 at 1:47 am

    747697 783590Bookmarked. Kindly additionally visit my site. 531083


  9. 网站

    March 12, 2018 at 3:12 pm

    929408 187117Black Ops Zombies is now available […]Take a look here[…] 885164


  10. 961427 331644Extremely informative and exceptional bodily structure of content material material , now thats user friendly (:. 267593


  11. warehouses for sale

    March 18, 2018 at 8:36 am

    53100 743016Constructive criticism is usually looked upon as becoming politically incorrect. 834308


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join Our Mailing List

Email Format

Free iTunes Gift Cards!

Find us on Google Plus