Google is changing the smartphone game with its new Nexus 5. This device offers a lot of performance, but will only set you back $349 off contract. Today, we’re unboxing the new Nexus 5 and taking a closer look at the hardware. Check out the “unboxing remix” video above to get an in-depth look at what this new device has to offer.
The initial Geekbench test that I ran in the video seemed to be a bit off, but I ran it a second time and achieved results that seemed to be on par with the device’s sepcifications. If you’d like to check out the second Geekbench test, it’s available on the PrimateLabs website here.
Here’s a brief overview of the Nexus 5’s specifications:
- 4.95” 1920×1080 display (445 ppi)
- Full HD IPS
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- 1.3MP front facing
- 8MP rear facing with Optical Image Stabilization
- 2300 mAh
- Talk time up to 17 hours*
- Standby time up to 300 hours†
- Internet use time up to 8.5 hours on Wi-Fi, up to 7 hours on LTE‡
- Wireless Charging built-in
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800, 2.26GHz processor
- GPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/nc
- NFC (Android Beam)
- Bluetooth 4.0
There’s no denying that the Nexus 5 is an excellent deal. The Google Nexus 5 is available for $349 from the Google Play Store. Stay tuned for my full review and let me know what you think in the comments section.