Are you looking for a good way to protect your shiny new iPhone 5? If so, there’s a new case that you should definitely give a look. The folks over at cellhelmet have recently launched their new iPhone 5 case that offers accidental damage coverage for a year. Guaranteed protection against cracked screens, broken buttons, and more!
This new case works exactly like the iPhone 4S/4 cellhelmet case I reviewed back a few months ago. You accidental protection for one year and a pretty awesome minimalistic case for only $49.99. It’s also available in eight different colors.
Here’s a brief description:
- Includes 1 full year of accidental damage coverage for iPhone 5 (water damage and scratched aluminum excluded)
- Must register within 30 days of purchase
- Fits all new, used, unlocked and jailbroken devices – US & Canadian residents only
- 24/7 claims – answered by a human
- Accidental damage? Call 1-888-814-5968
- Proof of purchase required
- $50 handling fee due at time of damage report
- 3 business days max for repair
- Over-nighted back at our expense
- 39 expert and qualified repair facilities in the United States
- Quality repairs – secured data
- Unlimited repairs – one replacement
- Dense TPU case – plastic/silicone hybrid – does not attract lint
- Matte finish
Unfortunately, as it states above, this won’t protect your chamfered edge. In my opinion, that’s not really a deal breaker as the screen is much more of a pain in the butt to have repaired if it cracks. The best part is, it doesn’t matter if your iPhone is jailbroken (when it’s released), unlocked, new, or used. Everything is covered with this case!
The new cellhelmet iPhone 5 case is available for preorder from cellhelmet.com and will begin to ship on Dec. 31, 2012.