Need a great way to record those epic gaming moments? Look no further than the Elgato Game Capture HD. This device is definitely one of the best around, and in the last week, I’ve had some good times recording my Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 gameplay with it. Check out my video overview above.
Word of warning: Because the PlayStation 3 uses an encrypted HDMI signal, you’ll only be able to capture gameplay up to 1080i. On the other hand, the Xbox 360 can capture stunning full 1080p with no problems. Overall, I didn’t see a huge difference in quality between the two, but it’s definitely worth a mention.
- Uses H.264 encoding to capture gameplay
- Flashback recording lets you time shift your game play
- Share your game play on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Live stream to Twitch.tv
- Supported resolutions: 240p, 288p, 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Works flawlessly with a Mac
In all honestly, it doesn’t make a huge difference once the gameplay has been uploaded to YouTube if that’s what you’re going for. Check out the video and let me know what you think. You can pick up the Elgato Game Capture HD for only $159 using this link.