Rumors have recently been circling around iOS 6 and the lack of a Podcast section in the iTunes app. Many speculated Apple would ditch Podcasts in iTunes and release a separate app for them. When iOS 6 beta 2 was released yesterday, Podcasts were back and the rumors put to rest, until now…
Apple has just released a brand new Podcast app in the App Store. Check out the screenshots below!
Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature.
- Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
- Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
- Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of
- topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
- Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts
- Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
- Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
- Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
- Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
- Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
- Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices
- Requires a device with iOS 5.1 or later
- Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
- Streaming or downloading episodes requires internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
The new Podcast app is available here for free!
Be sure to look up our Podcast The “A” Word!
Source: App Store