If you haven’t heard, Absinthe 2.0 is out and you can now jailbreak the new iPad! This is spectacular news, and the process is super simple. In case you need help, we made a video just for you explaining the easy process…
Check it out!
The first thing you should always do is backup your device! I can’t stress this enough. It’s not to scare you or anything, but make sure you have a backup because this process does involve resetting your device. Resetting the device as “new” will make this process as simple as possible. I highly recommend it, in fact it may not work otherwise.
Here are some written steps to help you:
- Plug in the device to a computer with iTunes.
- Backup the device and make sure you’ve updated to iOS 5.1.1
- Setup the device as a “New iPad” or whichever device you have.
- Close iTunes and launch Absinthe 2.0.1 (links below)
- Click “Jailbreak“
- Let the jailbreak tool do its magic and go make a sandwich or something 😉
- When the process is finished, you should see “done, enjoy!”
- From here you can restore the backup you’ve created.
Congrats! Enjoy your liberated iOS device!
Absinthe 2.0.1 is available now on the greenpois0n websiteor at the links below
Did it work? 🙂