Recently, I picked up the second generation Nest Learning Thermostat in an attempt to lower my energy usage and nerd-out a bit with an iOS-compatible device. In the last couple of weeks, I’ve been thoroughly impressed with its performance. Nest has learned what I like and always adjusts itself to make my home comfortable.
Check out my video overview below to learn more about what you can get with Nest. Not only will this thermostat learn the temperatures that you like, it also has many other desirable features that can save you money.
- Nest is now 20 percent thinner and works in 95 percent of homes with low voltage systems.
- Auto-Schedule – Nest remembers the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Auto-Away – Nest saves energy by automatically turning itself down when you’re away.
- Remote control – Connect Nest to Wi-Fi to control it from your iOS device or MacBook.
- Easy install – Most homeowners install Nest themselves in 30 minutes or less.
Everything you need to get Nest installed and looking pretty on your wall is included in the box (including a screwdriver). I definitely appreciated the ease of installation Nest provided. If you’d like to find out more about Nest, or for pricing and availability, click here. Nest will definitely make your AC more energy efficient.