Waves Audio, the industry-leading developer of professional audio digital signal processing technologies and the recipient of a Technical GRAMMY Award, joins forces with Musicsoft Arts to introduce Mashup, the first DJ app to bring Waves studio-quality processing to the iPad.
We will be doing our review on Mashup in the coming days! This app looks like a game changer in the DJ world! Stay tuned! The information below is directly from the press release!
Featuring an advanced playback engine and effects controlled by an intuitive interface, Mashup lets users play and mix directly from their iPad music library – plus download exclusive tracks from leading DJs like Junior Sanchez and Kris Menace. With full support for iPad 2 and up, Mashup is a complete mobile DJ booth, replacing complex, expensive and cumbersome DJ gear like turntables, CDJs, mixers and PCs. Mashup features studio-quality EQ and analog-style resonant filters, Vinyl Touch glitch-free scratching, and independent time-stretch and pitch-shift for each of its two stereo decks, effectively saving users thousands of dollars in gear.
Users can also take Mashup’s performance to the next level using Waves MaxxAudio enhancement, available at an additional charge. MaxxAudio for Mashup includes MaxxVolume all-in-one dynamics control, which dramatically increases the output levels of headphones and external speakers; MaxxBass psycho-acoustic bass enhancement, which delivers deep, rich lows listeners can really feel; and preset sound modes for earbuds, headphones, docking stations, home stereos and club systems.
- Dual stereo decks with studio-quality EQ and effects
- Tempo change sliders with independent time-stretch and pitch-shift for each deck
- Analog-style resonant high pass/low pass filters with exclusive touch ribbon control
- Free downloadable music from top DJs
- Vinyl Touch glitch-free scratching
- Record stereo mixers, then drag and drop into a computer
- Play back any track in a user’s library
- Headphone monitoring to cue up tracks via additional iPhone® ,iPod Touch, or iPad® over WiFi or Bluetooth
- iPhone and iPod Touch support in remote headphones mode
- Fully optimized for the new iPad with Retina screen
- Waves MaxxVolume and MaxxBass provide loud, steady output and enhanced bass response (Premium Feature)
Aviv Eyal, CEO, Musicsoft Arts, stated:
“In our efforts to offer DJs worldwide the highest quality audio in our applications, we decided to collaborate with Waves on Mashup. Their leading DSP technology was a perfect fit for this app, and it really helped enhance the audio quality, something that DJs will surely appreciate.”
“Waves partnered with Musicsoft Arts on the Mashup app to bring DJs the maximum audio quality available,” stated Gilad Keren, CEO and co-founder of Waves Audio. “Mashup is not only easy to use, it has a wide array of features, and DJs will be able to hear the difference in audio quality right away.”
This app is sure to turn heads! It’s available now in the App Store now for $39.99! Our review is coming soon!