DJ Rig is a full-featured, double-deck DJ mixing app for iPhone and iPod touch. DJ Rig provides instant song-playing from the device’s music library, automatic tempo sync and beat match, sample-based pads and performance recording, plus an arsenal of high-quality DJ effects. Together with the just announced iRig MIX, the mobile DJ mixer for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, DJ Rig represents the most portable solution to DJ anytime and everywhere.
I downloaded this app a couple hours ago and honestly couldn’t put it down. It’s a pretty fun app, yet a serious DJ’ing Tool!
DJ Rig is packed with tons of features:
Sync Tempo AND Match Beats – Like No Other DJ App
While you can find BPM sync on other DJ apps, none are able to offer beat matching like DJ Rig. This feature allows the automatic synchronization of beats between two songs so the beats are matched and aligned. DJ Rig analyzes your songs and then builds a tempo and beat map so anybody can easily mix at the tap of a button and never miss a beat.
Effects Deck… Unlimited Sonic Possibilities
DJ Rig also features a robust real-time effects processing section that allows DJs to apply various effects to their source material. And with the XY touch interface, they’ll have full creative control of the effect parameters. DJs can choose from spatial effects like reverb, delay and flanger, various pass-through filter effects, distortion, resonance effects and a new stutter effect. Plus, all effects are automatically synched to the tempo.
- Landscape and portrait interfaces
- Direct access to iPod library and playlists with instant play
- Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ, Headphones and Cross-fader
- Tempo controls for fine BPM adjustments
- 3 cross-fader curves for customizing fades
- Drag and zoom of waveform display
- Auto-level detection and adjustment for the perfect balance between decks
- Cross-fade filter for fading between decks with bass or high filters for smooth and perfect transitions
- Customizable deck interface (available for in-app purchase)
- Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup
- Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- Live recorder enables you to record full mixing gigs
- Export your mixes via file sharing
Mix & Scratch
- Tempo Sync
- Beat Match – for the first time, a DJ iOS app that can align songs’ beats
- Fast BPM detection, beat analysis and beat map saving
- 4 visual cue points per song (1 built-in plus 3 available as in app purchase)
- Automatic looping to create loops with beat-accurate tempo divisions
- Accurate scratching engine modeled on real deck behavior with CloneDeck™ technology for scratching with cut-to-the-beat
- X-Sync mode detects the BPM from an external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the tempo (when used with iRig MIX)
- Effects deck with 12 effects
- XY touch interface
- All effects are BPM-synched
- Multiple controls
- Extra filter available
- On-the-fly sampler machine
- 9 pads matrix with assignable pads on 4 instantaneous sound banks
- 15 sound banks available (8 built-in plus 7 available for in-app purchase)
- Live sampling functionality
- Pitch control
Pricing and availability:
DJ Rig includes 6 high-quality DJ effects (Low pass, Band pass, High pass, Delay, Stutter, Phaser), and 8 built-in sound banks plus one adjustable cue point. These can be expanded with 6 more effects (Flanger, Comp, Fuzz, Reverb, Auto Wah, Crash), 7 extra sound banks, 3 more cue points plus digital deck interface, all available together through in-app purchase in the Pro bundle pack.
The DJ Rig app is already available on the iTunes App Store at the special introductory price of only $1.99/€1.59 for a limited time.
The Pro Bundle add-on expansion is available for only $4.99/€3.99 as an in-app purchase.