Amazon has just release an iPad app for its Netflix competitor instant video service. Amazon Prime Instant Video allows you to rent and purchase movies, then stream them to your computer, and now your iPad…
With the new iPad app users can now download purchased and rented content for offline viewing. It also provides the ability to stream the movies and shows straight to the iPad.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
– Stream thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store
– Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library
– Shop over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store by visiting Amazon
– Add videos to your Watchlist from a PC, Mac, or Kindle Fire for later viewing on your iPad
– Subscribe to a TV Season Pass by visiting Amazon and episodes will automatically be available on your iPad the day after they air
– Start watching on your iPad, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players with Amazon Whispersync.
I’m not sure I can find a place in my heart or on my iPad for this video service. I’m sure it’s a great service and all, I just have one too many video streaming services in my life.